What inspired you to start your business, & what inspired you to keep going?
The idea of creating E’s Element began in July 2020 (practically in the early stages of the lockdown). I knew I always wanted to start a business once I graduated from University, and so I did. I created E’s Element because I wanted to give people easy and quick access to quality jewelry and athleisurewear pieces. Of course, there are many Athleisurewear brands, but E’s Element pieces stand out mainly because the types of clothing we provide are handmade and cut and sewn. As for the jewelry pieces, E’s Element works alongside highly-vetted suppliers to bring the brand’s jewelry line vision to life. E’s Element stands out mainly because it is a hub where you can find jewelry pieces while also searching for comfy clothing. For the most part, my inspiration to start my business came from wanting to curate quality jewelry and athleisurewear pieces that people can use to elevate their style daily (even while at home).
2. What is one quote you live by or inspires you?
- I have grown to understand that everyone and every business have a starting point, making it possible to have room for improvement and growth. I tend to put in my all whenever I decide to begin a new project, so that statement stood out to me. Social media is nothing new to me, but distincting my brand from my business - E’s Element has just shown how much progress and growth comes with developing oneself in the creative industry. The grind truly never stops when you want to continue elevating.
- “As a business owner, you are your biggest supporter.”
- What makes your brand/business essential to the creative community?
- E’s Element is essential mainly because of the types of products we sell, primarily because, due to the lockdown, people do not have the opportunity to go into stores and try on jewelry or clothes physically. This is where social media’s power comes in because with E’s Element; I have been utilizing platforms such as Instagram and Tiktok to ensure the brand reaches out to people who love getting their hands on quality pieces that will not break the bank. Yes, that’s right! E’s Element puts quality products that are also affordable and suitable for people to enjoy.
- How are you using your brand/business to inspire others?
- So glad you asked this question. I genuinely love helping people. Whenever it comes to social media marketing, content creation and entrepreneurship, this way, I have used E’s Element to combine my love and passion for the three things I had previously listed into engaging with the brand’s audience online. With social media outlets like Tiktok, it is incredible to see people like me or are still in the beginning stages of creating their business. So sharing my journey along with them not only motivates me but will inspire them to keep pushing and learning diverse ways to start or grow their business (depending on their situation). No knowledge is ever wasted because even though I love planning content for E’s Element, I am always learning something new almost every day!
- What has been your greatest reward in regards to the work you do?
- My greatest reward is knowing that people out there trust E’s Element enough to shop from the brand. This is my greatest reward, mainly because the brand is still relatively new since we launched on January 3rd, 2021. And so, people shopping from me it’s so surreal. I do not doubt myself because I knew I put in the work back in 2020, but this shows that I am doing something right. Therefore, I will not stop because I know people are looking to spend their coins where it’s worth. Most importantly, E’s Element prioritizes our customers’ needs before anything else, so it is crucial E’s Element customers are getting the best customer care!
- Where are you located?
- E’s Element is a black-owned and female-owned small business run by Emmanuela Okon. This jewelry and apparel brand is based in Canada, Ontario. All products are sold through our eCommerce website exclusively on www.ellaelement.shop.
Social Media Names
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ellaelement.shop/ (@ellaelement.shop)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ellaelement.shop (@ellaelement.shop)
Tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/@emmanuelaokon?lang=en (@emmanuelaokon)
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/ellaelementshop/_shop/ (@ellaelementshop)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ellaelementshop (@ellaelementshop)
Everything about the brand in one space: https://msha.ke/ellaelement.shop/
Want to stay updated once a new post goes live? Click here to subscribe to the blog.